Game’s like these are why we go to the football every week, even if it means sitting through weeks of misery just for this one game. This was a game that put the 3000 odd fans through every emotion possible, from joy, to disappointment, to frustration.

The build up to the game was all about how we would cope without Coulibaly, where would the goals come from. These fears seemed to be quashed after less than a minute, 10.4 seconds to be exact. Boydy couldn’t believe it when he found himself onside beyond the County defence, but quickly got over his shock to lob the ball over the advancing Scott Fox. Because of this goal, Boydy now has the title of fastest goal in the Scottish Premiership to add to his many accolades and praises.

Our euphoria over this goal didn’t last long however, as the away side turned the game around within the space of 10 minutes. Firstly Routis and then Schalk struck the ball into the net after some static defending from the Killie defence inside the box. After this, the fans were having nightmares about another drubbing this season. The home team responded well though, giving as good as they got in both attack and defence. The game was typical end to end stuff, however there was little in the way of clear cut chances for either side.

Killie were booed at the break once again this season by their own fans, and looked slightly dejected as they made their way off of the pitch. Whatever Lee Clark said in his half time team talk however, it seemed to do the trick, as Killie came out after the break looking like a side transformed. For the first 15 minutes of the second half, the home side pressed and dominated but just couldn’t find a way through. They finally got the equalising goal on the hour mark, the ball rebounding to Gary Dicker in the box, who made no mistake, lashing it beyond the helpless Fox.

Not settling for a point, we continued to press, but just couldn’t find that final ball. At bthr same time, County were always dangerous on the break and almost got a third themselves on a few occasions. Just as the clock ticked over to 90 minutes and it looked as though each team would go away with a point, up popped Longstaff to fire the ball into the net after being laid off by Jordan Jones,. This sent the home support into raptures, and Rugby Park was ricking once again. Despite dome late pressure from County, Killie hung on the claim what could be a very valuable three points to move up to 8th in the table.


Woodman: Had a good game, quick on his feet, relatively helpless for both goals (7)

Hendrie: Usual solid performance, great going forward and in defence (8)

Ajer: Looked a class above the rest today, would be even better with a solid partner at the back (9)

Osborne: Very poor for first 30 minutes, culpable for one of the goals, rightly taken off before he got sent off (3)

Taylor: Grew into the game as it went on, good driving forward (7)

McKenzie: Mostly frustrating performances, with some glimpses of his talent in patches (6)

Dicker: Excellent all game, both in midfield and in defence, looked comfortable and assured as a centre back (9)

Smith: Was absent for most of the game, not one of his better performances (5)

Longstaff: Had more of an impact the longer the game went on, scored the winner (7)

Boyd: Scored his goal and worked tirelessly all game (7)

Roberts: Worked hard but really failed to properly penetrate a stubborn County defence (7)

Wilson: Again his performance was calm and composed, showing no signs of his young age (8)

Jones: Added some real pace to the attack and set up Longstaff for the winner

Tyson: Didn’t have the time to really become involved in the game (5)

MAN OF THE MATCH: Kristoffer Ajer